Monday, May 19, 2014

Part I: Hers

The first time I saw him, I thought my knees were going to bend and snap from the way they started to shake. "Love at first sight" never applied to this; it couldn't, not really. We'd known each other for months, but somehow, it felt like the first time I ever felt anything. His face was lighter than the rest of him, so much so that I could see the red rush to his face when he finally looked up at me. I watched his shoulders as the stress fell away from them. Mine relaxed in the same way. The world went quiet as he walked towards me. His footsteps echoed, and the closer he got, the more I wanted to run to him. But we had planned this out. We wanted our meeting to come slowly. I thought that it had already come slow enough - he didn't. I leaned against my car impatiently, chewing on my lips to signal what I was waiting for. He smirked. When he finally reached me, he dropped his bags and pressed me fully against the car. His hands went directly to my face, which he kissed all around until he met my lips. His lips. The moment they pressed against mine, I could feel my stomach flutter in the same way butterflies fly away; I felt my heart go directly to my mouth, which was caught up in his, and his tongue and my tongue were tying in knots and I felt everything times two. "Internet relationships" brought more intensity than any ordinary relationship I had ever seen. Had we not been in the airport parking lot, I would have let his tongue invade more than just my mouth. When he pulled away from me, he smiled, said "hi" before planting a kiss on my nose. His hands were full of the heat from my cheeks. He never pulled away.

No comments:

Post a Comment