Monday, May 19, 2014

Part I: His

I never saw a girl so beautiful in my life. She had a face so bright you'd think it was sunshine. Her eyes, gold like that heart of hers, sent tremors all the way down the lengths of my body. I knew them well, at least from pictures; never did I think they could be more pleasing to the eyes than they were before. The thing about getting to know someone from afar is that you never really know what to expect. Parents always warn their kids about the dangers of internet predators, but she was no predator - though, I have to admit, that girl spent months preying on my heart before she let me come see her. I was never worried about waking up with a knife to my throat. What I did worry about was that we wouldn't care for each other as much, that the sight of one another would take away the thrill of expectations. And what did we really expect? We had talked every day for weeks about this moment, how it would play out, and the plan we settled on was going well. That is, until her body was so close to mine that I could feel the heat radiating off of it. The girl was the sun, and the moment I touched her, it burned me. So I didn't let that gentle kiss happen as planned, I didn't go with the whole "our lips will brush gently together and mold together until there's a masterpiece trapped between the pair". I took her mouth and made it mine, claimed her tongue and let her know that she didn't need to speak. I let her know this was real, and that my fears were not coming true; that she was more beautiful than I thought she'd be, and I loved her a little more now that I could feel her.

No comments:

Post a Comment